There are two ways to take advantage of your knowledge, time and technology that you currently have. The first way is to become an app tester. This can become quite lucrative, especially if you are a certified application tester. Even if you are not certified however, you can still become a tester for applications and sometimes of browser games or websites. The other way to make an income is through money paying apps. These apps require you to perform different tasks and then pay you either with cash or reward point systems for these performed tasks.
To become an application tester you need a well-developed knowledge of how apps should work and an analytical mind to understand how the processes work and how to make suggestions for improvements. It would also be necessary to understand how the general public would use the application and troubleshoot various areas where instructions are unclear or various functions are not user-friendly. The most lucrative contracts would usually be available to a Certified Mobile Application Tester, also known as CMAT. You can take their certification exam and open even more lucrative possibilities. Even if you do not take this certification, you can start doing app tester jobs by developing a profile and conducting testing and receiving great reviews. In order to become a great app tester follow these steps:
- Become CMAT certified.
- Search online jobs in Google, LinkedIn or Indeed.com for app tester jobs
- Develop a specific ‘app tester’ profile on freelancing sites like Freelancer, Elance and oDesk and start bidding on app testing jobs.
- Get registered with online app testing companies such as utest.com and mindtree.com.
- Market your services in a promotional ad on your current social networks.
- Either add a page to your current website advertising these services or create a new website to promote them.
The key to becoming a well regarded and professional app tester is to provide the hiring company with a comprehensive report on your testing methodology, activities and supporting suggestions or recommendations.
Money Making Apps
The second part of making money from apps is to join any number of apps available that support quick jobs for payment. These apps usually are consumer or brand driven apps that want you to price check, brand check or perform secret shopper duties. These micro jobs can provide a quick pay off if you know how to schedule them into your current activities, such as personal shopping. You will need to look at the rewards for each of the sites listed below, as some only pay out in points redeemable for items from specific companies while others pay out cash to PayPal. Start with the established companies below and find out which ones best suit your activities and scheduling.
- Viggle.com – reward program, pays for watching TV.
- Mylikes.com – social media advertising, pay-per-click advertising with PayPal payouts.
- Gigwalk.com – consumer items, task oriented and pays by PayPal.
- Embeemobile.com – mobile games results in free cell data and airtime credits.
- Apprewards.com – reward program for trying new apps.
There are others available and after you master a few that fit your lifestyle and requirements you can search for other ‘money making apps’ on Google to increase your money making opportunities.
There is a cautionary note to this article and that is that a lot of the money making apps can suck you into time-intensive activities for little monetary results. If this is a hobby or you are just looking for something to fill in your time there are some great opportunities, but the higher paying opportunities in this category is for the full app tester jobs. Enjoy your hunt as we make it easier for you to make money online.
Author: Jamie Clay