If you want the best racing games, the iPhone is where it’s at. The iPhone’s 3G technology and accelerometer make for the best iPhone apps out there. Driving has never been so simple. Most games allow you to whip around the tracks with either touch screen or the accelerometer. Turn your iPhone from left or right, tip down, or up to go forward and most games do not require you to press a button for the gas. Let’s look at the top 5 best iPhone apps.
5. Asphalt 4– Use the accelerometer for easy steering as you zip through the streets of Los Angeles, New York, or Shanghai in anything from a Bugatti Veryon to a Mini Cooper. Take out your opponents with a swift bump in the rear, or side swipe. You’ll see the take down mechanic return in this fast paced race that you loved from other Asphalt series. You can even race against your friends with the wi-fi multiplayer feature. This cutting edge game even allows you to drift, making this one of the best iPhone apps out there.
4. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D– Practically every gamer is aware of what Crash Bandicoot is. This low-speed cart race has lots of cute cartoon weapons that help you navigate your way around the track three times as you try to keep your number one spot. Just a tip of the screen and you can accelerate easily. Drop missiles on your opponents, blow them from here to kingdom come with TNT, or oil up the track and watch them slip and slide. Collect letters to spell out CRASH and you can unlock more levels and characters.
3. Cro-Mag Rally– You’ll find this game is very similar to Crash and the Mario Kart series, which probably explains why players love it so. However, you’ll find much more detailed tracks, great frame rate, and smoother colors. The game contains at least nine levels, taking you from ancient Viking scenery to underwater Atlantis. You’ll even come to love the ever so ugly cave men.
2. GTS world racing– Move over Asphalt, this game has 64 different tracks, 16 different world settings and four levels of difficulty. Another great feature of this app is that it allows you to listen to adrenaline rushed sound tracks or create your own with music from your iPod. The down side is that you only get 3 choices of cars to choose from. But who really cares when your art work changes so often.
1. Fastlane Street Racing– By far apple enthusiasts rate Fastlane as the best looking, and best playing game in the iPhone app store. It combines what’s best from Asphalt and GTS World Racing and puts it into one game. It allows the user to do everything both games do and more. Fastlane has the best graphics, eight punishing city routes, two high speed tracks, six challenge tracks to make your hairs stand on end, and five different game modes. View your games with the save and replay mode. It’s a game that really does require skill, and if you have not mastered the art of drifting in any of the other games listed above, you won’t find Fastlane easy to maneuver. Gamers say it has a very realistic feel making it one of the best iPhone apps available in the Apple App Store.
Author: Neal Adam Hamou