What is web design?
In short, web design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modeling, and execution of electronic media content delivery via Internet in the form of Markup language suitable for interpretation by Web browser and display as Graphical user interface (GUI).
The main purpose of a web designer is to create a web site (this is a collection of electronic files that reside on a web server and present content and interactive features and interfaces to the end user in form of web pages once requested (searched for via Google or a direct web address query).
Typically web pages are classified as static or dynamic. Static pages do not change content and layout with every request unless they are updated by your web designer or a webmaster (a person responsible for managing your website).
With growing specialization within communication design and I.T. fields, there is a strong tendency to clearly define between web design specifically for web pages and web development for the overall logistics of all web-based services.
Key performance areas:
1. They should put your business on the map, professional web designer services can help you realise your true potential and become visible nationwide or even worldwide.
2. They should offer a professional but friendly on site or remote consultation to get your business the right exposure on the internet.
3. Professionally qualified web designer experience will allow them to design and build your website from the initial concept (your idea) to completion of the project. In addition, they should also ensure your web design is optimised for maximum search engine placements from the day of launch.
Other performance criteria should be:
- Higher search engine placements
- Increased traffic figures
- Higher turnover from their online business
- Excellent UK hosting provisions
- Adequate levels of support relating to your in-house IT skills base
Getting your selection right from day 1 will save many hours (and money) should this be a rushed and unplanned approach. Talk to many designers, checkout their portfolio and under no circumstances be pressured into making a decision that is NOT right for you and your business.
Author: Daren J